After driving all night, we finally arrived at Jeffrey's apartment in Idaho Falls - about 3am. We were so exhausted that we just reclined our seats and slept right there in his carport. He came out to greet us at some point, on his way to work. We just needed a good rest. That evening we went out to eat (yay! no Walmart sandwiches this time!) and enjoyed getting caught up with all of Jeffrey's adventures in Idaho. His internship is at an end and he will be heading for Rolla, Missouri soon. One last year! He will be serving as the student body president of the ANS (American Nuclear Society) and will be very busy with school and ANS activities. That's good - keep him out of trouble ;-).
We got a good night's sleep after spending time with Jeffrey, and were ready to take off the next morning.
Here's what greeted us as we started our trip up I-15 and on to I-90.
We were looking back at the Tetons and forward to the high plains of Montana. What a breathtaking sight! Pictures do not do it justice!
I love bridges!
And the beautiful sky!
And then - MONTANA! We are getting closer. We are also crossing the Continental Divide. Cool!
There is civilization up here - I wonder what their winters are like?
Can you see the LDS chapel in the next picture?
I took so many pictures on this stretch. It was beautiful up there. I won't bore you with all of them, but I'll probably upload them on Picasa.
The dogs were not so impressed...
Welcome to Dell, Montana, population 35! Saaaalute!
The beautiful scenery kept going on and on...
and Sadie kept on sleeping...
But the rest stops are just too good to pass up.
And so we stopped often, took a few short walks, and savored the vistas.
I couldn't help but wonder what it all looks like in the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment