Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer in NE Washington

It took its time getting here, but summer is here at last ---well sort of.  It's really not too hot, and cools off quite a bit at night.  The mornings are very cool.  Thus, it is not the summers I am used to.  I look at the temps in Kansas and elsewhere, and hear about the droughts, fires, windstorms, tornadoes, etc. etc. and feel awfully lucky to be in this beautiful place.  It occurred to me this week that we are the only region in the nation that has not had a disaster hit this year.  Not really a comforting thought - since there are potential disasters here, like forest fires.  I suppose there is no "safe" place on earth, not these days.

However, we are well.  Jeff is finishing up on the mudding of the addition on his brother's house and will soon be out of work again.  However, there is a job he's applied for that we are praying to get.  I don't want to jinx it - so I won't go into detail, but we should know something by the end of next week.  Don't worry - I'll keep ya'll informed.  Just keep us in your prayers.

Meanwhile we are travelling to Ione (which is Northeast, very near the Canadian border) each week for church.  We've been called as Stake Representatives which means we are in the branch now helping out wherever they need us.  It is a tiny branch, which gives me a better chance of learning names.  So far we've talked in Sacrament meeting, taught in Priesthood, Relief Society and Priesthood.  The people are so friendly and eager to have us that we have felt right at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment