We stopped in Albuquerque to get some food and cool air in Walmart; we called a good friend who lives there, and then headed on down the road. Now, in case I did not mention it, we were travelling in a 1991 GMC Safari Van with no air conditioning. That's right people, I said NO air conditioning. [I leave to your imagination the fun we were having about this time.] No, we were not walking much of the way like the pioneers, but we did have a few inconveniences of our own to endure, and I think we endured it well.
Bye bye New Mexico!
HELLO ARIZONA!
We cheered as we entered Arizona, for that was our first destination on this trip and where Jaimie was going to stay. Phoenix, AZ is where my 2 older brothers live.
We headed for Flagstaff on I-40 then downhill to Phoenix. And man, it is really downhill. Flagstaff's elevation is about 7000 ft. and we descended down to Phoenix's 1000 feet. The best part of that was the cool breeze we enjoyed for awhile, but be assured we could tell when we were getting closer to Phoenix. That place is HOT! (in more ways than one)
But we enjoyed the saguaro and pine trees as we headed southward and got to Phoenix hot and hungry.
Seeing the country is great - but seeing family is even better. We got to Phoenix and enjoyed seeing everyone, then headed to bed - our first real bed since we left Kansas.
No comments:
Post a Comment